Grow your money over a short period of time with Certificates of Deposit (CDs). Choose your term, and when it expires, you’ll have the option to renew your investment at a current interest rate, cash out or transfer your funds to another investment or savings account. With a guaranteed return on your investment and the security of FDIC insurance, CDs make a great choice during any market condition.
Fixed Rate Certificate of Deposit
Save over a specific period of time and earn a guaranteed return on your money.
- Minimum opening balance requirement: $1,000
- Terms from six (6) months to four (4) years
- Interest rate fixed during CD term
- Interest paid monthly or quarterly, depending on your term
- No deposits allowed until maturity
- Withdrawals are subject to penalty
Liquid Certificate of Deposit
This CD allows you to save over a specific period of time with the benefit of being able to increase or decrease the deposit.
- Minimum opening balance requirement: $5,000
- You may add or withdraw (not both) up to 25% of the principal balance once each year
- 24-month term
Note: If you are over age 62, you may withdraw up to 100% of your principal balance without a penalty.
The minimum deposit for a Jumbo CD is $100,000. Terms for this CD range from 3 to 12 months. Rates can change daily, so be sure to call any F&M branch for a quote.