F&M Bank Offices Are Drive-Thru and Appointment Only
Please rest assured that even though Gov. Roy Cooper just issued a statewide North Carolina ‘stay at home’ order effective at 5:00 pm on Monday, March 30, 2020, F&M Bank will be open for business. The Financial Services Industry is considered an essential business and therefore our offices will remain open and are exempt throughout the duration of this order.
The health and safety of our customers and associates is our No. 1 priority. We continue to closely follow the daily developments of the COVID-19 pandemic. During this challenging time for the world, we remain focused on providing our clients with a high level of service and advice. Based on the guidance of the CDC, the NC Commissioner of Banks, our Federal and State government and the well-being of the communities we serve, F&M Bank is taking the following actions:
Starting Monday, March 23, we will provide drive-thru only service at all of our locations, as recommended by the CDC social distancing guidance and the NC Commissioner of Banks.
Restricting our offices is an extraordinary step, but we are in an extraordinary situation. We believe this is the best way for us to continue providing you essential services while taking maximum precautions against the spread of the disease. For the latest updates on our response and how it affects our offices, visit fmbnc.com.
While the drive-thru is capable of handling nearly all of your everyday banking needs, we will accept appointments for services requiring personal assistance, such as safe deposit box access or F&M Investment Services transactions.
Before visiting an office for drive-thru service or a lobby appointment, please follow this guidance to ensure we can serve you best.
Online & Mobile Banking
- Visit our website for information on meeting your personal banking needs online like deposits, transfers, bill payments and more.
- For more information on meeting your business banking needs online like deposits, payments, wires, ACH and more, visit com.
As always, we are committed to answer the phone when our customers call. Simply contact your favorite branch or your Personal Banker.
- Visit our locations to find the phone number of an office near you or call 704.633.1772.
Sometimes you just need to sit down face-to-face with someone to conduct your business. If you need to schedule an essential meeting like a loan closing, account opening, access your safe deposit box or other service, simply call your favorite branch or your Personal Banker.
This is a very difficult time for us all. However please rest assured that F&M Bank has been here for our customers through two World Wars, the Great Recession and many other life-changing events and we stand ready for this challenge as well.
J. Steven Fisher
Chairman & CEO, F&M Bank and F&M Financial Corporation
The wellbeing of our customers, employees and communities is always F&M Bank’s top priority. In light of recent news about the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to share our readiness plans to safeguard your personal and financial safety.
- Preventive supplies such as disinfectant spray, hand sanitizer and gloves are well stocked in every office for the benefit of our staff and customers.
- We have stepped up our already-rigorous sanitizing routine, with a focus on cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
Proactive Employee Policies
- Our policies encourage employees to remain home when they are unwell, believe they have been exposed to an illness or are at risk due to recent travel.
- We have arranged for many employees to work from home in order to help prevent the spread of the virus while ensuring you are provided with uninterrupted service.
- We have also taken steps to restrict any non-essential travel to help minimize exposure.
Education & Resources
Use the links below to stay current on information to help you and your loved ones stay safe.
- World Health Organization:
Even during uncertain times, we know that life (and financial transactions) must go on, which is why F&M Bank and its employees are fully prepared to assist you in-person, by phone or via email during normal business hours. We also have a comprehensive response plan in place to ensure continuous service if, for health and safety reasons, in-person banking is no longer recommended at some future point.
As part of our efforts to reduce your risk of exposure, we recommend using our online and drive-thru services whenever possible. Among our exceptional non-contact options:
- Anywhere banking. From Online Banking with Bill Pay to Mobile Banking and Mobile Deposit, there’s never been a better time to take advantage of F&M Bank’s many remote banking functions.
- ATM's. You can do much more than get cash from these 24-hour machines! Make deposits or withdrawals, transfer funds between your accounts, make payments on F&M Bank loans and much more.
- Banking by phone. Another 24-hour service, telebanking allows you to make loan payments, check your account status, transfer funds and report issues with your bank card.
As this situation remains fluid, please check back often for updates about office schedules.
We’re grateful that you’ve chosen F&M Bank and appreciate your support as we navigate this complex situation. As always, F&M Bank is here to help in any way we can.